Monday, October 17, 2011

Two Polls - Bleak Future

Two polls:-

First, a public opinion poll commissioned by Yedioth Ahronoth shows:-

Asked whether they were in favor of Shalit's release in exchange for 1,027 terrorists, 79% of the respondents said yes and only 14% said no.

The survey was conducted on October 16 by the Dahaf Institute, headed by Mina Tzemach...

Among male respondents, 74% support the deal and 19% oppose it, while 86% of the women support it and only 5% are against it...

As for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's conduct, 49% said he gave into public pressure while 43% believe he acted like a leader.

Asked about the deal's price, 53% said the Israeli government dropped some of its principles and 20% said Hamas conceded its principles more than Israel...

Respondents were then asked whether they fear for the security of Israel's citizens following the prisoner release. Fifty percent admitted that they were afraid, while 48% said they trusted Israel's security forces.


Second poll is the Palestinian Public Opinion Poll, No. 43, 13-15 October 2011

The Results

Following are the results of the Palestinian Public Opinion Poll no. 43 conducted by the Center for Opinion Polls and Survey Studies at An-Najah National University during the period from 13-15 October 2011. The University sponsors all polls conducted by its Center.

The sample included 1361 persons whose age group is 18 and above and who have the right to vote. The enclosed questionnaire was distributed on 861 persons from the West Bank and 500 persons from the Gaza Strip. The sample was drawn randomly and the margin of error is about ±3%; still 2.4% of the
members of the sample refused to answer the questionnaire.

The General Results of the Poll

...Do you think that the Palestinian State can only be established through negotiations?
Yes 29.8
No 64.4
No opinion/I do not know 5.8
Total 100.0

Do think that there will be any use from negotiations without acceptable frames of reference and without the freezing of settlement activities?
Yes 14.7
No 79.4
No opinion/I do not know 5.9
Total 100.0

...Do you support or reject holding talks between the PA and the Israeli government if Israel continues its settlement activities in the West Bank and East Jerusalem?
I support 18.4
I reject 77.7
No opinion/I do not know 3.9
Total 100.0

Do you think that it is possible to reach a lasting solution for the Palestinian Israeli conflict in view of the current circumstances,?
Yes 22.7
No 72.2
No opinion/I do not know 5.1
Total 100.0

...Do you expect an eruption of a third intifada in the Palestinian Territories?
Yes 57.2
No 35.3
No opinion/I do not know 7.4
Total 100.0

Do you support or reject the rise of an armed uprising (intifada)?
I support 36.0
I reject 57.6
No opinion/I do not know 6.4
Total 100.0
West Bank
I support 28.0
I reject 67.9
No opinion/I do not know 4.1
Total 100.0
Gaza Strip
I support 49.8
I reject 39.8
No opinion/I do not know 10.4
Total 100.0

Do you support or reject the rise of nonviolent and unarmed popular resistance?
I support 58.3
I reject 35.9
No opinion/I do not know 5.7
Total 100.0

(k/t=IMRA)

No comments: